Quinnipiac University’s Ballroom Society will host its annual “Dancing with the Quinnipiac Stars” competition at 7:15 p.m. on Friday, April 12 on Burt Kahn Court on the university’s Mount Carmel Campus. A portion of the proceeds will go toward sending two families to Camp Sunshine, a camp for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
The group announced the lineup on the same day ABC announced its 2013 “Dancing with the Stars” lineup. D.L. Hughley, a comedian and talk-show host who addressed the Quinnipiac community in 2009, will take part in the ABC competition. While Hughley may not take part in Quinnipiac’s competition, the university event will be no less exciting.
The following students, faculty and staff are scheduled to participate in “Dancing with the Quinnipiac Stars”:
- Tara Rothman, adjunct professor, and Nick Barrios ’16 will perform the cha cha.
- Louise Howe, director of marketing communications for admissions, and Sean McCarty ’15 will perform the rumba.
- Kathy Cooke, professor of history, and Ethan Pandolfi ’16 will perform the tango.
- Robin Guisti, assistant professor of nursing, and Alex Diaz ’14 will perform the swing.
- William Jellison, associate professor of psychology, and Jaclyn Plante ’13 will perform the swing.
- Gary Pandolfi, instructional technologist, and Kuwabo Mubyana ’13 will perform the foxtrot.
- Joseph Woods, professor of biology, and Aidan Tatar ’13 will perform the rumba.
- Sean Duffy, associate professor of political science, and Joann Cazorla ’14 will perform the salsa.
- Thomas Martin, assistant professor of biomedical sciences, and Danielle Martin ’13 will perform the cha cha.
- Chris Flaherty ‘13 and Stan Rothman, professor of mathematics, will serve as masters of ceremony.
Mike Guthrie, residence hall director, Alex Scott, ballroom dance teacher, coach and choreographer, and Karen Pfrommer, ballroom dance teacher, will judge.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and a VIP dinner will be served until 7:15 p.m. General admission is $5 per ticket and may be purchased in advance or at the door. VIP tickets, which include dinner, are $20 each must be purchased in advance. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.